List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Guy Davis Date:July 19 2002 8:50pm
Subject:Data synchronization between central server and numerous clients?
View as plain text
I was wondering if anyone had written anything for synchronization of
MySQL databases.  I don't think plain replication will work in this
case.

Basically I'm thinking of an app that runs on a server, but also on a
number of laptops for our field staff.  The laptops are often
disconnected from the Internet and so can't reach the main server, thus
the need for a local version (each with it's own MySQL instance).

Ideally updates made on a laptop would get propagated to the central
server (when the laptop connects again) and then out to the rest of the
laptops.  Data updates can occur on any laptop and on the main server
itself.

Any ideas?  Thanks.

sql, mysql, query

--
Guy Davis     http://www.guydavis.ca    Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Digitally signed by GnuPG (DSA ID 30D52F0B at www.keyserver.net)
PGP Fingerprint: 8DC8 4A6F C1AD 393B 39DB CDBF 196D 31D0 30D5 2F0B
Thread
Data synchronization between central server and numerous clients?Guy Davis19 Jul