List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Victoria Reznichenko Date:July 18 2002 12:41pm
Subject:Re: how to fast rename column name.
View as plain text
qingfong,
Thursday, July 18, 2002, 4:49:16 AM, you wrote:

q> mysql:
q>      how to rename column name  exception that use alter table tablename column
> newcolumn expression. I want get fast to rename the column name, but use front idea is
> very slowly when my table has
q> 10000000 record. help me!

You can't use any other statement except ALTER TABLE to rename a
column. If you use MyISAM tables, you can increase value of
myisam_sort_buffer_size variable:
      http://www.mysql.com/doc/A/L/ALTER_TABLE.html