List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gerald Clark Date:July 12 2002 1:42pm
Subject:Re: auto-increment usage question
View as plain text
I verified his problem with 3.23.38 here using myisam files.
The key here is that the unique index is across TWO integer
fields, one of which is auto_increment.

Victoria Reznichenko wrote:

>Richard,
>Thursday, July 11, 2002, 7:26:00 PM, you wrote:
>
>RF> But the default table type is already MyISAM
>
>If you didn't set up another default table type.
>
>Please, show us the output of
>    SHOW TABLE STATUS LIKE "your_table_name";
>
>Can you create a repeatable testcase?
>
>And some more info..
>What version of MySQL do you use? and what OS do you use?
>
>>>That is the normal behavior for ISAM type files.
>>>Convert them to MYISAM.

>RF> forms

>RF> delete

> keep

> given

>RF> table.

> not
>>>>>
>RF> be

>RF> assigned

Thread
Re: auto-increment usage questionRichard Fox10 Jul
Re: auto-increment usage questionGerald Clark10 Jul
Re: auto-increment usage questionRichard Fox11 Jul
  • Re: Re: auto-increment usage questionVictoria Reznichenko12 Jul
Re: auto-increment usage questionGerald Clark12 Jul