List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Ivanyo Date:July 10 2002 3:19am
Subject:Char type changes to Varchar type
View as plain text
I am using MySql with InnoDB and have just discovered
that tables created using char types show up as
varchars when I type, describe tableName.  Previously,
I was using MyIsam tables and did not see char types
being changed to varchars so I am a bit puzzled.

This is true for almost all of the tables I've
created, only a couple of tables retained the char
type as specified in my create table script.

Is this documented behavior?  I haven't been using
MySql very long and haven't seen it mentioned
anywhere.

--Michael