List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Philip Molter Date:July 8 2002 2:46pm
Subject:Re: Keyfile size
View as plain text
On Mon, Jul 08, 2002 at 09:38:56AM -0500, Paul DuBois wrote:
: At 8:45 -0500 7/8/02, Philip Molter wrote:
: >I have a MySQL server that has hit it's keyfile size limit (apparently
: >64M).  I can't believe that a value this low would be the absolute
: >limit, but I can't find any documentation about increasing this
: >size.  How do I do it?
:
: What do you mean by "keyfile"?  The index file for a MySQL table?
: Or do you mean one of the server's memory caches?

I mean the keyfile.  If I do a CHECK TABLE on that able< i get this
back:

mysql> check table log;
+------------------+-------+----------+--------------------------------------------------------+

+------------------+-------+----------+--------------------------------------------------------+
| peace_keeper.log | check | warning  | 5 clients is using or hasn't closed the table
properly |
| peace_keeper.log | check | warning  | Keyfile is almost full, 67107839 of 67107839 used
    |
| peace_keeper.log | check | error    | Found 1940729 keys of 1940740
    |
| peace_keeper.log | check | error    | Corrupt

+------------------+-------+----------+--------------------------------------------------------+
4 rows in set (1 min 14.16 sec)

I need to know how to make that keyfile bigger than 64M in size.
I have keyfiles on other (newer) systems that have keyfiles above
200M, and the file size limit on the system is at least 2GB.  I
can't find any documentation on how to change that value, just on
how to fetch that value.

And yes, it's corrupt because the keyfile is at its limit.

* Philip Molter
* Texas.net Internet
* http://www.texas.net/
* philip@stripped