List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:July 7 2002 10:08pm
Subject:Re: Installing mysqladmin
View as plain text
At 13:42 -0700 7/7/02, Todd Cary wrote:
>Paul -
>
>My mistake was worse than what I thought: somehow I had renamed the Server and
>Client so they both had the same RPM code.  This is why my Client install was
>*NOT* working.  Sone days :-) !!
>
>I have a beginners question: how can I have mysql create a database in a
>different directory than the default.  I want a database in /home/sfyc.

Let MySQL create it in the data directory, then move it where you want
it and make a symlink to the new location in the data directory.

Thread
Installing mysqladminTodd Cary7 Jul
  • Re: Installing mysqladminPaul DuBois7 Jul
  • Re: Installing mysqladminTodd Cary7 Jul
    • Re: Installing mysqladminPaul DuBois7 Jul
  • advice on porting using same databse on windows and linuxcristian ditoiu8 Jul