List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:July 7 2002 6:50pm
Subject:Re: Installing mysqladmin
View as plain text
At 11:03 -0700 7/7/02, Todd Cary wrote:
>My platform is RH Linux and I did a rpm with
>
>rpm -i /tmp/MySQL-3.23.49a-1.i386.rpm
>
>I got back the acknowledgement and the suggestion that I change the root user
>password with
>
>/usr/bin/mysqladmin
>
>However, mysqladmin is not on the system!!  What did I miss??

The part of the manual that points out how the RPM you installed contains
only the server part? :-)

For RPM installs, you'll need the MySQL-client.VERSION.i386.rpm file
to get the client programs.  Install that and you should be all right.
Thread
Installing mysqladminTodd Cary7 Jul
  • Re: Installing mysqladminPaul DuBois7 Jul
  • Re: Installing mysqladminTodd Cary7 Jul
    • Re: Installing mysqladminPaul DuBois7 Jul
  • advice on porting using same databse on windows and linuxcristian ditoiu8 Jul