List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jeremy Johnson Date:March 29 1999 1:05pm
Subject:Can't find file: './yonks/dates.frm' (errno: 13)
View as plain text
Hello,

I have a mysql problem. I've searched the doc's and the web site, can't
find a mailing list archive to search, and the FAQ for this list is empty,
so I'm posting instead.

I'm getting 'Can't find file: './yonks/dates.frm' (errno: 13)' from a
database while it is in it's correct location. I've run isamchk which says
everything's fine, I've done the UMASK thing as recommened  in the doc's
but neither solved it. When I use the command line access as root and try
to change to the yonks database I get:

'Can't read dir of './yonks' (Errcode: 13)

Xmysql core dumps when I try to open the database with that, and
Xmysqladmin says that it can't retrieve tables. This DB was working fine. I
have just backed up the db folder (yonks), re-installed mysql and put the
database back in it's correct location, but now nothing can access it.  The
doc's say that this should cause no problems.

Am I missing something simple? There's nothing in the doc's about a Can't
find dir' error message..

Thanks for any suggestions..

Jeremy,
jeremy@stripped

Thread
Can't find file: './yonks/dates.frm' (errno: 13)Jeremy Johnson29 Mar
Re: Can't find file: './yonks/dates.frm' (errno: 13)Ed Carp29 Mar