List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:March 29 1999 11:36am
Subject:Re: mySQL/ODBC/Microsft Access problems
View as plain text

>> I then insert a row into the table from my Access Table window, only
>> filling out the textfield field.  I then save it.  If I then select the row
>> at the backend using mysql I can see that it has successfully inserted both
>> the timestampfield and primkeyintfield.  However Access simply displays the
>> row as follows:
>> #Deleted #Deleted #Deleted
>>
>> If I close my Access Table window and re-open it the row is displayed
>> correctly.  So why didn't it display it correctly when first saved away?

Ed> I'm wondering if there's a bug in the ODBC layer or even in Access itself
Ed> (deity knows there's enough weird bugs in Access!) - I've seen this
Ed> behavior, too - and doing a refresh from the Access window doesn't fix it -
Ed> but if I reopen the table, it works fine.

Hi!

Can you check the queries that Access generates when this happens ?
Could the problem be something with timestamp and null values ?

Regards,
Monty
Thread
mySQL/ODBC/Microsft Access problemsSteve Procter28 Mar
Re: mySQL/ODBC/Microsft Access problemsEd Carp29 Mar
  • Re: mySQL/ODBC/Microsft Access problemsMichael Widenius29 Mar
    • Re: mySQL/ODBC/Microsft Access problemsSteve Procter29 Mar