List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mike Hall Date:July 3 2002 3:35pm
Subject:Strange problem - could be a bug?
View as plain text
Okay:

FreeBSD 4.5-STABLE with LinuxThreads 2.2.3. and MySQL 3.23.51. Duel PIII
1Ghz with 1G of RAM. All from source.

Compiled okay and came through super-smack and crash-me tests okay. But a
few hours later, for no reason, MySQL decided to look at /var/tmp instead of
/usr/local/mysql/var for the datadir. There is nothing in the logs to
suggest why this happened. AFAIK, you have to restart mysqld to change the
data dir, but the daemon was not restarted at any point. SHOW VARIABLES
revealed that the datadir was still set to /usr/local/mysql/var, but SHOW
DATABASES listed the contents of /var/tmp (in my case vi.recover). When I
shutdown and restarted the system, it reverted to normal behaviour.

Anyone have any idea what is going on?

--Mike

Thread
Strange problem - could be a bug?Mike Hall3 Jul
  • Re: Strange problem - could be a bug?Dan Nelson3 Jul