List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:March 29 1999 11:52am
Subject:MySQL and HPUX
View as plain text
>>>>> "Chris" == Chris Trown <ctrown@stripped>
> writes:

Chris>      Ahhhh....  Success.

Chris>      Some of you may remember that I have been grappling with trying to get
Chris> HPUX, MySQL and Perl MySQL modules to co-oexist together.  With some help from
Chris> the egcs mailing list, I got it.

Chris>      I ended up having to rebuild the libmysqlclient.sl library by hand using
Chris> gcc instead of ld.

Chris>      The command line looked something like:

Chris> gcc -shared -fPIC -o .libs/libmysqlclient.sl.6.0 Lotsa binaries here

Chris>      With egcs and older versions of gcc, necessary routines from libgcc.a are
Chris> copied to the final library when using gcc instead of ld.  From Jeffrey A Law
Chris> (law@stripped):

>> When you build a shared library routines like __udivdi3 from libgcc.a should
>> have been copied into the library.

Chris>      Monty, was ld always used?  I seem to remember not having this trouble
Chris> with older 3.22.XX versions.

A while ago we switched to use libtool and libtool does some strange
things.

You may be able to tell libtool to use gcc instead of ld, but I
don't know how to tell it to do this.

the --disable-shared option may help you solve your problem...

Chris>      Is there some way we can get this incorporated into the distro?  Not that
Chris> it's a big deal, now that I know the solution.

I would really like to fix this, but I don't know where to fix this in
libtool.  Could you please mail the libtool maintainer about this.  If
you don't get any answers, I shall try to find time to look into
patching libtool myself...

Regards,
Monty
Thread