List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Thimble Smith Date:August 26 1999 12:10am
Subject:Re: SIZE OF DATABASE???
View as plain text
At 16:59, 19990825, Rick Moore wrote:
>My understanding of the latest 3.23.x alpha release is that it supports
>larger tables if the OS can support larger files.  Am I reading the manual
>correctly?

Rick, you're right.  I missed that.  4G is 32-bit, and now MySQL supports
63-bit files.  I have no idea how many gigs that is, but it's ridiculous.
If you have that much data, you should keep it in an 18-wheeler, not in
a database.

Tim
Thread
SIZE OF DATABASE???Sanchez Diaz Sonia <sony@26 Aug
  • Re: SIZE OF DATABASE???Thimble Smith26 Aug
  • Re: SIZE OF DATABASE???Chris Shenton27 Aug
Re: SIZE OF DATABASE???Thimble Smith26 Aug