List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:June 28 2002 1:45am
Subject:Re: XML
View as plain text
At 21:33 -0400 6/27/02, MikeParton wrote:
>Would be interesting to hear from Peter on why he feels the urge to store
>XML docs in MySQL (or, better said:  I would be interested in hearing what
>he is trying to accomplish and why he...or someone...feels XML stored in a
>relational database is the way to go).

C'mon.  XML is just data.  There's no particular reason *not* to store
it in a database.  Is there?

But usually people who ask about storing XML in MySQL seem to think MySQL
should do something for them other than *just* store and retrieve it.
The question is, what?  That's what doesn't seem to get answered.

>mysql, sql, xql, xquery, query....what did I miss?
>
>Mike

Thread
XMLPeter Lovatt27 Jun
  • Re: [PHP-DB] XMLB i g D o g27 Jun
  • RE: XMLEd Carp28 Jun
    • Re: XMLMikeParton28 Jun
      • Re: XMLJeremy Zawodny28 Jun
      • RE: XMLEd Carp28 Jun
        • Re: XMLMikeParton28 Jun
          • Re: XMLPaul DuBois28 Jun
          • RE: [PHP-DB] Re: XMLPeter Lovatt28 Jun
            • Re: [PHP-DB] Re: XMLMikeParton28 Jun
              • RE: [PHP-DB] Re: XMLPeter Lovatt28 Jun
                • Re: [PHP-DB] Re: XMLMikeParton28 Jun
            • Re: [PHP-DB] Re: XMLJeremy Zawodny28 Jun
        • Re: XMLMikeParton28 Jun
          • RE: XMLEd Carp28 Jun
          • Re: XMLTod Harter28 Jun
          • Re: XMLWilliam R. Mussatto28 Jun