List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ed Carp Date:March 29 1999 10:53am
Subject:Re: Help: Error 138
View as plain text
>>I am using mysql version 3.21.31 on Linux. I have a C program which reads
>>and writes it every once and a while.
>>At some point I started getting an error: "Can't open file:
>>'connections.ISM'. (errno: 138)"
>>I shutdown mysql and then tried to examine/repair the table 'connections'
>>with isamchk (-r -ro -s -a) but failed with the same errno (138).

Ah, the benefits of reading the manual:

> 19.4.2 Changes in release 3.21.32

> Fixed some possible race conditions when doing many reopen/close on the
same tables under heavy load! > This can happen if you execute mysqladmin
refresh often. This could in some very rare cases corrupt the
> header of the index file and cause error 126 or 138.

I found this in less than 5 minutes of work.  Please be considerate of the
time of others on the list by RTFM before posting.  Thanks!

Thread
Re: Help: Error 138Ed Carp29 Mar
Re: Help: Error 138Roni Salfati29 Mar
  • Re: Help: Error 138Brian S. Craigie29 Mar
  • Re: Help: Error 138Michael Widenius29 Mar
Re: Help: Error 138Roni Salfati30 Mar