List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:June 27 2002 3:49am
Subject:Re: "Commands out of sync; you can't run this command now" Error ?
View as plain text
At 1:44 +0200 6/27/02, Jocelyn Fournier wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I've just got this error on my server.
>
>According to the manual, I can read :
>
>"If you get Commands out of sync; you can't run this command now in your
>client code, you are calling client functions in the wrong order!
>This can happen, for example, if you are using mysql_use_result() and try to
>execute a new query before you have called mysql_free_result(). It can also
>happen if you try to execute two queries that return data without a
>mysql_use_result() or mysql_store_result() in between. "
>
>The problem is I only use PHP4.2.1 with MySQL-4.0.2, not the C API at all...
>
>How could this be possible ? (BTW it's the first time I see this error)
>
>Thanks and Regards,
>
>   Jocelyn Fournier

Are you calling mysql_query() or mysql_query_unbuffered()?
If the latter, that might explain it.

Thread
"Commands out of sync; you can't run this command now" Error ?Jocelyn Fournier27 Jun
  • Re: "Commands out of sync; you can't run this command now" Error ?Paul DuBois27 Jun
  • Re: "Commands out of sync; you can't run this command now" Error ?Serge Paquin27 Jun
  • Re: "Commands out of sync; you can't run this command now" Error ?Jocelyn Fournier27 Jun