List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:June 26 2002 11:08pm
Subject:Re: long table scroll down
View as plain text
At 16:15 -0400 6/26/02, Anil Garg wrote:
>Hi,
>for viewing long tables.
>in my sql query when i say SELECT * FROM abc
>i miss the upper entries of the table as they scroll down.
>is there something by which i can view a table page by page(as | more in
>unix)
>thanx
>anil

Yes, if you *are* using Unix.  Start mysql with the --pager option.
This will use the value of your PAGER environment variable as the
program though which to page query results.  If PAGER isn't set,
you can use something like "mysql --pager=/usr/bin/more" to specify
the pager program explicitly.

Within mysql, you can turning paging on or off with

\P

and

\n

Requires MySQL 3.23.28 or above.
Thread
long table scroll downAnil Garg26 Jun
  • Re: long table scroll downGurhan Ozen27 Jun
  • Re: long table scroll downPaul DuBois27 Jun