List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gerald Clark Date:June 24 2002 1:51pm
Subject:Re: Chinese character error
View as plain text
Your string contains special characters, and must be properly escaped
before storing.
Use the appropriate string escaping function  in your  language ( if it
exists ) or
write a routine to escape them for you before storing them.
The manual lists the special characters.

henry lee wrote:

> Dear professional people,
>
>   When I write a program to store the (Big5) Chinese characters
> ¯S³\¸gÀç
> into mysql database through the mysql ODBC driver,
> the original chinese characters change into another characters
> ¯S³¸gÀç
> in mysql database.
>
>   On the other hand, I have tried the program to store the (Big5) Chinese
> characters into another database through another ODBC driver, it is
> correct.
> The chinese characters remain the same.

Thread
Chinese character errorhenry lee24 Jun
  • Re: Chinese character errorGerald Clark24 Jun