List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:June 21 2002 2:59am
Subject:RE: Check for DBI support
View as plain text
At 19:36 -0700 6/20/02, Emma Grant wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Thanks for your help.
>
>I tried to run both the commands that you gave me on the command line. I
>got the following message back from the shell:
>
>Superuser must not run /usr/bin/perldoc without security audit and taint
>checks.
>
>Do you know what this means?

It means you shouldn't run perldoc as root.

Run it as a normal unprivileged user.

You're not *really* running routine commands as root are you?

>Thanks,
>Emma

Thread
Check for DBI supportEmma Grant21 Jun
  • Re: Check for DBI supportPaul DuBois21 Jun
    • RE: Check for DBI supportEmma Grant21 Jun
      • RE: Check for DBI supportPaul DuBois21 Jun