List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:June 19 2002 11:45pm
Subject:Re: my.cnf values in PHP's libmysql implementation?
View as plain text
At 16:35 -0700 6/19/02, Clay Loveless wrote:
>I'm not sure where the best place to ask this question is -- since I believe
>the MySQL team writes much of the code for PHP's MySQL functionality, I'm
>hoping this is a good place.
>
>Is there a way to get the MySQL client that's embedded into PHP to read
>[client] values from my.cnf?
>
>"php.ini" only allows for:
>
>     mysql.allow_persistent
>     mysql.max_persistent
>     mysql.max_links
>     mysql.default_host
>     mysql.default_user
>     mysql.default_password
>     mysql.default_port
>     mysql.default_socket
>
>I've tried putting a "my.cnf" file in /etc/my.cnf, as well as a ".my.cnf" in
>the home directory of the Apache/PHP process, and both appear to be ignored
>by the embedded MySQL client in PHP.
>
>Is there any other way to get some [client] values picked up & recognized?

I think there was talk at some point of allowing options to mysql_connect()
analogous to the mysql_read_default_{file,group} options supported
by DBI->connect(), but I don't know where that stands.

>Thanks,
>Clay

Thread
my.cnf values in PHP's libmysql implementation?Clay Loveless20 Jun
  • Re: my.cnf values in PHP's libmysql implementation?Paul DuBois20 Jun
    • Re: my.cnf values in PHP's libmysql implementation?Clay Loveless20 Jun
      • RE: my.cnf values in PHP's libmysql implementation?Basil Hussain20 Jun