List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chris Johnson Date:June 19 2002 10:15pm
Subject:Multi-threaded MySQL?
View as plain text
I'm using 3.23.47 on a FreeBSD 4.5 server with two CPUs.  I believe I've got
MySQL configured appropriately to take advantage of this configuration, but
it appears that it only ever uses one CPU.  The other is always idle, or
running the few remaining Unix processes when they want to do something.

I've got these lines in my /etc/my.cnf file, for example:

set-variable    = thread_cache=8
# Try number of CPU's*2 for thread_concurrency
set-variable    = thread_concurrency=4

Is MySQL unable to use extra CPUs beyond one, am I just confused, or is
something misconfigured?

Thanks,
..chris

Thread
Separate List For administrationNilesh Shah19 Jun
  • Multi-threaded MySQL?Chris Johnson20 Jun
    • Re: Multi-threaded MySQL?Dan Nelson20 Jun
      • Re: Multi-threaded MySQL?Clay Loveless20 Jun
      • RE: Multi-threaded MySQL?Iago Sineiro21 Jun
  • Re: Separate List For administrationGelu Gogancea20 Jun
  • Re: Separate List For administrationBrian Reichert20 Jun
RE: Separate List For administrationDana Diederich19 Jun
RE: Separate List For administrationDon Vu20 Jun