List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Oliver Vecernik Date:June 19 2002 6:49pm
Subject:Re: How to convert an Access 2000 Database on PC to a MySQL on Unix
Platform
View as plain text
Liqiang Feng schrieb:
> I need to convert an Access 2000 Database on PC to a MySQL database on
> Solaris platform. What is the best way to accomplish this? Any
> suggestions, pointers are appreciated.

You can accomplish this by using ODBC (3.51.03). Define a DNS to your
database. Within Access choose File->Export and ODBC() as type. After
completing the dialogs the table is created and data are transferred
automatically.

The only drawback is to choose each table seperately. If you need this
functionality more often, you can create a macro...

HTH,
Oliver

Thread
How to convert an Access 2000 Database on PC to a MySQL onUnix PlatformLiqiang Feng19 Jun
  • Re: How to convert an Access 2000 Database on PC to a MySQL on UnixPlatformOliver Vecernik19 Jun
    • RE: How to convert an Access 2000 Database on PC to a MySQL on UnixPlatformmichael johnson20 Jun
  • 3.23.51 LIMIT efficiency problemMark Hazen20 Jun
    • Re: 3.23.51 LIMIT efficiency problemDan Nelson20 Jun
    • Re: 3.23.51 LIMIT efficiency problemcentral20 Jun
    • Re: 3.23.51 LIMIT efficiency problemBenjamin Pflugmann20 Jun