List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jeff Kilbride Date:June 19 2002 12:49am
Subject:Replication logging
View as plain text
I've got replication working between my two machines, however the err log
gets a lot of these errors:

---------------------------
020618 20:41:18  Error reading packet from server:  (server_errno=1159)
020618 20:42:18  Slave: Failed reading log event, reconnecting to retry, log
'db1-bin.002' position 73
020618 20:42:18  Slave: reconnected to master
'repl@stripped:3306',replication resumed in log 'db1-bin.002' at position
73
---------------------------

I know this is just a timeout error and doesn't really mean anything bad,
I'm just wondering how to tune this so it happens less often. Right now,
it's occurring every 30 seconds, so my log files are growing on my slave
machine with no real activity. Any hints on how to up the timeout value or
have the server ignore these errors and not log them? My slave_net_timeout
value is already set to 3600.

Thanks,
--jeff
 sql,query

Thread
Replication loggingJeff Kilbride19 Jun
  • Re: Replication loggingMelvyn Sopacua19 Jun
    • Re: Replication loggingJeff Kilbride19 Jun
      • Re: Replication loggingMelvyn Sopacua19 Jun