List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jin Hui Date:March 29 1999 6:38am
Subject:RE: Question about query
View as plain text
1. The first query was wrong, it should be
	select id from atable where truncate(c1/1000000, 0) = 321

2. I cannot do a testing. Because I am running the database on a web
hoster's shared server. The testing time results are very different for the
same query. I cannot compare them.

3. I also want to know if there's any other faster way to do integer
division like the / in c. I am using truncate.

4. Because the server space is limited. I only can make necessary index. I
want to know if the index on c1 or c1/1000000 is helpful to speed.

I need some suggestion from someone has such experience. Thanks for any
help!

Best Regards,
Jin Hui