List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:John Taylor-Johnston Date:June 17 2002 10:26pm
Subject:FULLTEXT index matching
View as plain text
I'm using this:

mysql_query("SELECT * FROM $table WHERE MATCH (AU) AGAINST ('.$au.') order by AU desc");

And I get this error:

Can't find FULLTEXT index matching the column list

How do I modify my table to make a full text search on AU & AUS? What SQL query do I
want to run. I'm not good at indexes. Right now my structure looks like this:

CREATE TABLE ccl_main (
  id int(6) NOT NULL auto_increment,
  RNum int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
 AU text NOT NULL,
  ST longtext NOT NULL,
  BT longtext NOT NULL,
  KW longtext NOT NULL,
  AUS text NOT NULL,
  GEO text NOT NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY  (id),
  FULLTEXT KEY AU (AU,AUS)
) TYPE=MyISAM COMMENT='CCL Bibliography - Bibliographie ECC';

John Taylor-Johnston

Thread
FULLTEXT index matchingJohn Taylor-Johnston18 Jun
  • Re: FULLTEXT index matchingClay Loveless18 Jun