List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Galen Wright-Watson Date:June 17 2002 10:07pm
Subject:Re: migrating user accounts
View as plain text
On Wed, 12 Jun 2002, Joshua Horton wrote:

> Hi,

<snip>
>     First, I'm having trouble determining whether or not it is possible
> to drop a user, or whether I have to go in and delete all that user's
> records in the grant tables.  I revoke ALL PRIVILEGES from the user, but
> his entry still apears in the mysql.users table.  I have heard it is
> undesirable to directly manipulate the users table.
<snip>

I think you can only remove a row from MySQL.user directly.  True, GRANT is
preferred to add and alter user accounts, but DELETEing the user's entry in
MySQL.user is fine.

Thread
migrating user accountsJoshua Horton12 Jun
  • Re: migrating user accountsGalen Wright-Watson17 Jun
    • Re: migrating user accountsJoshua Horton18 Jun