List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Barry Date:August 25 1999 2:12am
Subject:Re: PHP3 & MySQL simple question
View as plain text
Hello,

Found 'em, Thanks!

Gee Wiz the Internet is great!

Barry.

int mysql_db_query(string database, string query, int [link_identifier] );

mysql_db_query() selects a database and executes a query on it. If the
optional link identifier isn't specified, the function will try to find
an open link to the MySQL server and if no such link is found it'll try to
create one as if mysql_connect() was called with no arguments

At 09:03 PM 8/24/99 -0500, Paul DuBois wrote:
>At 9:56 PM -0400 8/24/99, Barry wrote:
>>Hello All,
>>
>>I would like to start learning to use PHP with MySQL on an NT 4 server.
>>I've been using NT MySQL for 1 year or so from CGI's.
>>
>>I found the following snippet in the PHP 3 manual and also within the PHP
>>guestbook example:
>>
>>   $result = mysql("demo-gb-db", "select * from guests where ...
>>
>>I cannot find the mysql() command in the documentation.
>>I can make a wild guess that it's mysql(dbname, querystr)
>>It's not listed in the "mysql functions" that I can see. (I am looking in
>>and have searched the single-large-file PHP3 html manual).
>>
>>Can anyone point me to it.
>

>Obsolete.  Try mysql_db_query(), or else invoke mysql_select_db()
>first to select the database and then invoke mysql_query() with the
>query string.
>
>--
>Paul DuBois, paul@stripped

Thread
IF(), ISNULL(), and COUNT() problemchuro25 Aug
  • PHP3 & MySQL simple questionBarry25 Aug
    • Re: PHP3 & MySQL simple questionPaul DuBois25 Aug
      • Re: PHP3 & MySQL simple questionBarry25 Aug
  • IF(), ISNULL(), and COUNT() problemsinisa25 Aug
    • Re: IF(), ISNULL(), and COUNT() problemChuro Park25 Aug
  • Re: IF(), ISNULL(), and COUNT() problemMartin Ramsch13 Sep