List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:June 15 2002 12:45am
Subject:Re: Problem with load data infile and user's privileges
View as plain text
At 20:23 -0400 6/14/02, Sergey wrote:
>OS Linux Red Hat 7.2
>MySql 3.23.41
>
>Hi All!
>That is my steps.
>
>With root privileges
>I doing:
>GRANT ALL ON mydb.* TO client@localhost identified by "pwd";
>I got:
>OK
>
>With client privileges !!!
>I doing:
>mysql -u client -p
>passwd****
>CREATE DATABASE mydb;
>I got:
>OK
>
>CREATE TABLE mytable ( col01 CHAR(2), col02 CHAR(2));
>I got:
>OK
>
>Then I doing:
>LOAD DATA INFILE "/usr/data/myfile" INTO TABLE tab01;
>I got:
>ERROR 1045 Access denied fot user: 'client@localhost' (Using password: YES)
>
>Also I changed manualy for user(client) in database mysql in tables
>user & db from "N" to "Y"
>Doesn't help.
>
>What is wrong I am doing?
>Why whith my client's privileges I can create databases, tables but
>can't load any data
>in to the tables?

You're asking the server to load a file on the server host, which requires
the FILE privilege.  This is a global privilege, not a database-specific
privilege.

If the file is on your client machine, use LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE instead.

>Thank you.
>Sergey.

Thread
Problem with load data infile and user's privilegesSergey15 Jun
  • Re: Problem with load data infile and user's privilegesGalen Wright-Watson15 Jun
  • Re: Problem with load data infile and user's privilegesPaul DuBois15 Jun