List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Steve Edberg Date:August 24 1999 6:19pm
Subject:RE: How to load a MySQL database and table from another MySQL.
View as plain text
At 11:47 PM +0000 8/24/99, Venky wrote:
>Did the following message get replied to? Could not find thread in archives.
>Thanks in advance

>-----
>
>        FROM: Frank Peng
>        DATE: 03/10/1998 13:30:39
>        SUBJECT: mysql: How to load a MySQL database and table from another
>        MySQL.
>
>        Hi, there!
>
>        I create a database and 3 tables in it . Then I copied the .ISD,
>.frm and
>        the .ISM files to the ./mysql/data directory. I created a directory
>which
>        the name is the same as my database. Now when I open my MySQL, they
>did
>        not show up. Could you please help me get them.

 From the message, it looks like he copies the .isd, .frm, and .ism
files to the mysql/data directory, and _not_ to the
mysql/data/new_database_name directory. If that is indeed the case,
they shouldn't show up. He needs to move the copied files into his
new database directory.

Of course, since this msg is 1-1/2 years old, presumably he figured
that out by now.

-steve

+--------------- my people are the people of the dessert, ---------------+
| Steve Edberg                           University of California, Davis |
| sbedberg@stripped                                     (530)754-9127 |
| Computer Consultant                         http://aesric.ucdavis.edu/ |
+---------------- said t e lawrence, picking up his fork ----------------+
Thread
RE: How to load a MySQL database and table from another MySQL.Venky24 Aug
  • RE: How to load a MySQL database and table from another MySQL.Steve Edberg24 Aug
  • RE: How to load a MySQL database and table from another MySQL.sinisa25 Aug
    • dumping, to remote server, live (was RE: How to load a MySQLdatabase and table from another MySQL. )Venky25 Aug
      • dumping, to remote server, live (was RE: How to load a MySQLdatabase and table from another MySQL. )sinisa25 Aug