List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Francisco Reinaldo Date:June 13 2002 2:37pm
Subject:Re: Can I connect to a MySQL Database on a unix platform from a PC?
View as plain text
Hi,

I've been able to connect from an Windows XP to a HP
Solaris and LINUX. Make sure that you can ping the
UNIX computer from yours. Then replace the computer
name in the connection string (most of the time is
localhost) for the UNIX computer's ip address (you can
use the name if you have DNS resolution) but ip will
make the connection faster.

Now you can connect, you must set up the permission
for your database for the user connecting through the
network. The easiest thing is give the appropiate
permission to all hostnames. There are some very good
examples in MySQL's manual.

Good Luck!