List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tonu Samuel Date:June 12 2002 3:29pm
Subject:Re: table is read only when DB copied from Win to UNIX
View as plain text

On Wed, 12 Jun 2002, Francisco Reinaldo wrote:

> Fine, I can see the database, show tables works,
> selects works. The whole nine yards? Nope! I cannot
> insert any values in that database. I get the
> following error: "Table xxx is read only". I have
> checked the OS permission for that directory and I
> have given full persmission (write, read and execute).
> Also I have checked MySQL permissions, adding full
> permission for all users to that database but nothing.
> It looks like the problem is at the table level
> because when I manually add a new table to the MySQL
> UNIX, the inserts work.

The only reason this can happen is wring permission bits no tables.
Internally there is no way to make MyISAM (I assume you use them)
read-only. Look as which user mysqld runs and make tables writable to that
user.

  Tonu

Thread
table is read only when DB copied from Win to UNIXFrancisco Reinaldo12 Jun
  • Re: table is read only when DB copied from Win to UNIXTonu Samuel12 Jun
    • Re: table is read only when DB copied from Win to UNIXFrancisco Reinaldo13 Jun
      • Re: table is read only when DB copied from Win to UNIXChris Knipe13 Jun
        • Re: table is read only when DB copied from Win to UNIXFrancisco Reinaldo13 Jun
          • Innodb Memory use for a Benchmark...Rogger13 Jun
            • Innodb Memory use for a Benchmark in MySQL...Rogger13 Jun
RE: table is read only when DB copied from Win to UNIXFrancisco Reinaldo13 Jun