List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Francisco Reinaldo Date:June 12 2002 3:13pm
Subject:table is read only when DB copied from Win to UNIX
View as plain text
Hi,

I have an installation of MySQL in Windows and another
one in UNIX Solaris 2.7. I need to move the databases
across system and I have manually ftped a database
directory from the Windows MySQL to the UNIX MySQL.

Fine, I can see the database, show tables works,
selects works. The whole nine yards? Nope! I cannot
insert any values in that database. I get the
following error: "Table xxx is read only". I have
checked the OS permission for that directory and I
have given full persmission (write, read and execute).
Also I have checked MySQL permissions, adding full
permission for all users to that database but nothing.
It looks like the problem is at the table level
because when I manually add a new table to the MySQL
UNIX, the inserts work.

The funny thing is when I do it the other way around,
that is, from Solaris to UNIX works without having to
do anything at all. Lovely and reliable UNIX!!!

Thanks in advance.

:-)

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com
Thread
table is read only when DB copied from Win to UNIXFrancisco Reinaldo12 Jun
  • Re: table is read only when DB copied from Win to UNIXTonu Samuel12 Jun
    • Re: table is read only when DB copied from Win to UNIXFrancisco Reinaldo13 Jun
      • Re: table is read only when DB copied from Win to UNIXChris Knipe13 Jun
        • Re: table is read only when DB copied from Win to UNIXFrancisco Reinaldo13 Jun
          • Innodb Memory use for a Benchmark...Rogger13 Jun
            • Innodb Memory use for a Benchmark in MySQL...Rogger13 Jun
RE: table is read only when DB copied from Win to UNIXFrancisco Reinaldo13 Jun