List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:August 24 1999 2:59pm
Subject:Re: display os query is unreadalble
View as plain text
At 9:57 AM -0400 8/24/99, Dick Griffin wrote:
>I have mastered the ability to sen a query that
>returns a number of rows, and tells me at the bottom
>tht the rows number 23, but the lentgh of the
>dataelemetns cause the information to role bpast soo
>fask, and is unreadable.
>
>I tried to pipe "|" it out to more, but was not
>success full.  How is this addressed?

You can put your query in a file, then run mysql in batch mode and
capture the output:

% mysql < yourquery.sql > out

Then look at out with your favorite utility.

You might also want to try terminating your query with \G rather
than with ; or \g to cause the results to be displayed "vertically",
that is, one column value per output line.

--
Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
Thread