List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jeff Kilbride Date:June 11 2002 10:58pm
Subject:Re: MySQL AB: Need documentation clarification
View as plain text
> both InnoDB and MyISAM keep also dynamically statistics about tables. In
> most cases running ANALYZE TABLE does not bring any benefit in query
> optimization.

Personally, I'm pretty shocked to hear you say this. I was under the
impression that running ANALYZE TABLE was a "good thing" and helped ensure
the key distribution for the table in question was up to date. I've seen a
lot of other posts on this list from people who advocate running ANALYZE
TABLE on a regular basis. You're saying this in not necessary?

Thanks,
--jeff

Thread
MySQL AB: Need documentation clarificationErv Young11 Jun
  • Re: MySQL AB: Need documentation clarificationDan Nelson11 Jun
    • RE: MySQL AB: Need documentation clarificationJon Frisby11 Jun
Re: MySQL AB: Need documentation clarificationHeikki Tuuri11 Jun
Re: MySQL AB: Need documentation clarificationHeikki Tuuri11 Jun
Re: MySQL AB: Need documentation clarificationJeff Kilbride12 Jun
  • Re: MySQL AB: Need documentation clarificationJeremy Zawodny1 Jul