List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Leo De Geer Date:June 11 2002 8:34am
Subject:Re: problem with mysql threads on freebsd
View as plain text
On Tuesday 11 June 2002 09.57, Alexander V Zubchenko wrote:
> Greetings!
>
> On Tue, 11 Jun 2002, Leo De Geer wrote:
> > but in my case its not good to have it that way im having one dedikated
> > dual server for the sql and now im yust using one cpu for the sql
> > questions. i nead it to start sub conections to the sql to serv all my
> > conections good.
>
> In such case provide, please additional info. AFAIU, You want to use
> both cpu for sql, in other words, optimal use of Your server. Than, do
> You recompile (or compile) kernel with SMP support (afaik, this is
> only arch for multicpu systems, supported by fbsd)? You can b sure,
> that if mysql will run separate process for each request, it will
> slowdown perfomance, but never increase it. In fact, balancing load on
> many cpus is OS task. And multithreaded processes _must_ b processed
> similarly to multiprocess environment (but i don't know, how exactly
> fbsd smp-support built). Check Your kernel config
> /usr/src/sys/i386/conf/<name>. You may find also this <name>
> interesting:
> LINT - list [almost?] all options recognized in config-file.
>
> With respect,
>
> Alexander V Zubchenko,		E-Mail: stalker@stripped
> System Administrator,		WWW: http://www.hermes-comp.zp.ua/
> Hermes-comp,
> Ukraine,
> Zaporizhzhya,
> Geroev Stalingrada 50
> phone/fax: +380 612 64-19-72
the kernel is runing both cpu. and the balancing is working good on everything
but the sql!

i have on my linux sql server aproximatly 100 simultanius conections that du
you think that the standard memory size of 128 do you think i nead to put it
up to 256 meg in the kernel
--
MVH C. Leo De Geer
www.dinsignal.com
        • Re: problem with mysql threads on freebsdLeo De Geer11 Jun
          • Re: problem with mysql threads on freebsdAlexander V Zubchenko11 Jun
            • Re: problem with mysql threads on freebsdLeo De Geer11 Jun
          • Re: problem with mysql threads on freebsdErv Young11 Jun
    • Re: problem with mysql threads on freebsdLeo De Geer11 Jun
  • Re: problem with mysql threads on freebsdDan Nelson11 Jun
    • Re: problem with mysql threads on freebsdPatrick Hsieh11 Jun
    • Re: problem with mysql threads on freebsdLeo De Geer11 Jun
RE: problem with mysql threads on freebsdSimon Green11 Jun