List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Alexander V Zubchenko Date:June 11 2002 7:57am
Subject:Re: problem with mysql threads on freebsd
View as plain text
Greetings!

On Tue, 11 Jun 2002, Leo De Geer wrote:
> but in my case its not good to have it that way im having one dedikated dual
> server for the sql and now im yust using one cpu for the sql questions. i
> nead it to start sub conections to the sql to serv all my conections good.
In such case provide, please additional info. AFAIU, You want to use
both cpu for sql, in other words, optimal use of Your server. Than, do
You recompile (or compile) kernel with SMP support (afaik, this is
only arch for multicpu systems, supported by fbsd)? You can b sure,
that if mysql will run separate process for each request, it will
slowdown perfomance, but never increase it. In fact, balancing load on
many cpus is OS task. And multithreaded processes _must_ b processed
similarly to multiprocess environment (but i don't know, how exactly
fbsd smp-support built). Check Your kernel config
/usr/src/sys/i386/conf/<name>. You may find also this <name>
interesting:
LINT - list [almost?] all options recognized in config-file.

With respect,

Alexander V Zubchenko,		E-Mail: stalker@stripped
System Administrator,		WWW: http://www.hermes-comp.zp.ua/
Hermes-comp,
Ukraine,
Zaporizhzhya,
Geroev Stalingrada 50
phone/fax: +380 612 64-19-72

Thread
problem with mysql threads on freebsdLeo De Geer11 Jun
  • Re: problem with mysql threads on freebsdDicky Wahyu Purnomo11 Jun
    • Re: problem with mysql threads on freebsdLeo De Geer11 Jun
      • Re: problem with mysql threads on freebsdAlexander V Zubchenko11 Jun
        • Re: problem with mysql threads on freebsdLeo De Geer11 Jun
          • Re: problem with mysql threads on freebsdAlexander V Zubchenko11 Jun
            • Re: problem with mysql threads on freebsdLeo De Geer11 Jun
          • Re: problem with mysql threads on freebsdErv Young11 Jun
    • Re: problem with mysql threads on freebsdLeo De Geer11 Jun
  • Re: problem with mysql threads on freebsdDan Nelson11 Jun
    • Re: problem with mysql threads on freebsdPatrick Hsieh11 Jun
    • Re: problem with mysql threads on freebsdLeo De Geer11 Jun
RE: problem with mysql threads on freebsdSimon Green11 Jun