List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Leo De Geer Date:June 11 2002 7:42am
Subject:Re: problem with mysql threads on freebsd
View as plain text
On Tuesday 11 June 2002 09.26, Alexander V Zubchenko wrote:
> Greetings!
>
> On Tue, 11 Jun 2002, Leo De Geer wrote:
> > On Tuesday 11 June 2002 08.49, Dicky Wahyu Purnomo wrote:

> > > from what method / tools, you get this information ?
>
> Good question.
>
> > > try mysqladmin -p status
> >
> > yast by putting load to it. and by using the top.
> > then i get al the load on the master pid
>
> Sorry, but, afaic, You don't understand what threads are. Thread is
> subprogram, which is executed simultaneously with main program (main
> thread) in _same_ process. PID is process parameter and additional
> threads don't create additional PID's. Multithreading,
> in fact, allow You to not create additional processes (which is
> resource-consuming task), but do parallel computations inside _one_
> process. So master pid _must_ take all load, if it act as
> multithreaded program.
>
> With respect,
>
> Alexander V Zubchenko,		E-Mail: stalker@stripped
> System Administrator,		WWW: http://www.hermes-comp.zp.ua/
> Hermes-comp,
> Ukraine,
> Zaporizhzhya,
> Geroev Stalingrada 50
> phone/fax: +380 612 64-19-72

but in my case its not good to have it that way im having one dedikated dual
server for the sql and now im yust using one cpu for the sql questions. i
nead it to start sub conections to the sql to serv all my conections good.
--
MVH C. Leo De Geer
www.dinsignal.com
        • Re: problem with mysql threads on freebsdLeo De Geer11 Jun
          • Re: problem with mysql threads on freebsdAlexander V Zubchenko11 Jun
            • Re: problem with mysql threads on freebsdLeo De Geer11 Jun
          • Re: problem with mysql threads on freebsdErv Young11 Jun
    • Re: problem with mysql threads on freebsdLeo De Geer11 Jun
  • Re: problem with mysql threads on freebsdDan Nelson11 Jun
    • Re: problem with mysql threads on freebsdPatrick Hsieh11 Jun
    • Re: problem with mysql threads on freebsdLeo De Geer11 Jun
RE: problem with mysql threads on freebsdSimon Green11 Jun