List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Alexander V Zubchenko Date:June 11 2002 7:26am
Subject:Re: problem with mysql threads on freebsd
View as plain text
Greetings!

On Tue, 11 Jun 2002, Leo De Geer wrote:

> On Tuesday 11 June 2002 08.49, Dicky Wahyu Purnomo wrote:
> > On Tue, 11 Jun 2002 08:36:55 +0200
> >
> > Leo De Geer <leo@stripped> wrote:
> > > im not abel to get mysql to use more then one thread on my freebsd
> > > 4.5-stable any one having a klue that wrong?????
> >
> > from what method / tools, you get this information ?
Good question.

> > try mysqladmin -p status
>
> yast by putting load to it. and by using the top.
> then i get al the load on the master pid
Sorry, but, afaic, You don't understand what threads are. Thread is
subprogram, which is executed simultaneously with main program (main
thread) in _same_ process. PID is process parameter and additional
threads don't create additional PID's. Multithreading,
in fact, allow You to not create additional processes (which is
resource-consuming task), but do parallel computations inside _one_
process. So master pid _must_ take all load, if it act as
multithreaded program.

With respect,

Alexander V Zubchenko,		E-Mail: stalker@stripped
System Administrator,		WWW: http://www.hermes-comp.zp.ua/
Hermes-comp,
Ukraine,
Zaporizhzhya,
Geroev Stalingrada 50
phone/fax: +380 612 64-19-72

Thread
problem with mysql threads on freebsdLeo De Geer11 Jun
  • Re: problem with mysql threads on freebsdDicky Wahyu Purnomo11 Jun
    • Re: problem with mysql threads on freebsdLeo De Geer11 Jun
      • Re: problem with mysql threads on freebsdAlexander V Zubchenko11 Jun
        • Re: problem with mysql threads on freebsdLeo De Geer11 Jun
          • Re: problem with mysql threads on freebsdAlexander V Zubchenko11 Jun
            • Re: problem with mysql threads on freebsdLeo De Geer11 Jun
          • Re: problem with mysql threads on freebsdErv Young11 Jun
    • Re: problem with mysql threads on freebsdLeo De Geer11 Jun
  • Re: problem with mysql threads on freebsdDan Nelson11 Jun
    • Re: problem with mysql threads on freebsdPatrick Hsieh11 Jun
    • Re: problem with mysql threads on freebsdLeo De Geer11 Jun
RE: problem with mysql threads on freebsdSimon Green11 Jun