List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ruben Roberts Date:June 7 2002 7:40pm
Subject:mySQL and eVC++ app
View as plain text

I created an eVC++ app for Pocket PC that uses libmySQL.lib, but it
won't compile.  It compiles
when I comment out any references to any mySQL functions from the
libmySQL dll.  I initially used
mysql++ but found out that it uses STL, which of course eVC++ doesn't
support, so I was hoping
libmySQL.lib would solve the problem.  I get "error LNK2019: unresolved
external symbol ", and
then the respective symbols I reference from libmySQL.dll.  I created a
VC++ app and pasted in all
the mySQL portions from the eVC++ app, and of course, it compiles, and
when I run the app it
inserts and pulls the data from mySQL.  When I change the project
settings to print progress
messages when linking, in my eVC++, I see where it's searching
libmySQL.lib, but it never loads
libmySQL.dll.  Is it possible to remedy this, or is it just not going
to work?  Thanks for your

Do You Yahoo!?
mySQL and eVC++ appRuben Roberts7 Jun