List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Joel Rees Date:June 7 2002 4:17am
Subject:Re: to_asci
View as plain text
Hello to you too.

> i need function that will convert non-english characters (
> to english.

What were those? Can you give us some idea what the language (character
encoding) and the values (code points) were?

> Some values in table contains non-english characters and i need search
> them. (via LIKE)
>
> In posgresql is function to_ascii.

http://developer.postgresql.org/docs/postgres/functions-string.html

At the bottom of the page,

	The to_ascii function supports conversion from LATIN1, LATIN2,
	WIN1250 (CP1250) only.

I'm wondering if something like to_ascii() is really going to do what
you want. I'm guessing you would prefer auxilliary fields or tables, but
that is just my guess.

--
Joel Rees <joel@stripped>

> sql,query,table