List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chris Knipe Date:June 7 2002 3:56am
Subject:Re: help - newbie question....
View as plain text
Two immediate options I can think of...

1) Install PHP on IIS and use PHP's database routines for MySQL
2) Use ASP, and connect to MySQL via the ODBC Driver for MySQL that is on
the mysql.com web site.

If you come from a ASP background, I'd really recommend option 2 for you.
It will save you the hassles to learn a new language.

PHP with all its docs and a comprehensive manual + example code, is
available at http://www.php.net the ASP manuals with example code is
installed with NT Option Pack.

Kind Regards,

Chris Knipe