List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Kirk Brannan Babb Date:June 6 2002 8:59pm
Subject:Thanks
View as plain text
Thanks Charles for your patience and help.  I removed winmysqladmin from
startup and ALL problems went away!  When winmysqladmin started up on the other
user accounts it would somehow block connections to MySQL (since before I
uninstalled, on normal [non-admin] user accounts, I could not connect to the
db - attention Chris - and the stopped service could not be started from the
console - even though it showed up as listening on the correct port no
connection could be made).  Now I can connect to the db on all user accounts.

I don't really know why this happened or how, but thanks for walking me through
it.  It was a new install on a new machine, and I appreciate all the help from
everybody.

cheers,

Kirk

Thread