List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Kirk Brannan Babb Date:June 6 2002 1:10pm
Subject:I KNOW one of you LISTers has experienced this
View as plain text
I've asked this question once before with no response (and have asked on other
lists), I'll give it one more try before giving in to semi-Gates domination (my
last holdout is the Apache server I'm running):

Upon installing MySQL as a service, why will it not start for all users?  Only
my admin account allows the MySQL service to start.  I cannot start the service
manually or automatically from any regular ("power user") account.

MySQL was installed as a service using

     mysqld-nt --install

with no problems.  I've come across a vague reference in the manual for a
manual installation of MySQL as a service if problems occur, but have no idea
if that is the course of action to take since I don't really know why there is
a problem.  Putting MySQL in the startup items makes no difference.  HELP!

-Kirk

Thread
I KNOW one of you LISTers has experienced thisKirk Brannan Babb6 Jun
  • RE: I KNOW one of you LISTers has experienced thisJay Blanchard6 Jun
    • Re: I KNOW one of you LISTers has experienced thisChris Knipe6 Jun