List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Kirk Brannan Babb Date:June 6 2002 1:23am
Subject:Problems starting MySQL as a Service for all users
View as plain text
I've installed MySQL as a service using

     mysqld-nt --install

on W2K. No problem there, says "service successfully installed". BUT, when I
try to log off the admin account and on to the regular "power user" account
MySQL will not start automagically and cannot be started manually. Pop back
over to the admin account and MySQL acts like nothing was ever wrong.

Is this an issue that can be overcome by manually installing MySQL as a service
instead of using the above? And how do you accomplish that? If you know or
have heard of this before please help me out; I'd really like to have MySQL
running for all users (that would enable the Apache-based site I'm running on
the same box to access the database at all times).

Thanks!

Kirk

Thread
Problems starting MySQL as a Service for all usersKirk Brannan Babb6 Jun
  • Re: Problems starting MySQL as a Service for all usersCharles Quesenberry6 Jun
    • RE: Problems starting MySQL as a Service for all usersk6 Jun
      • Re: Problems starting MySQL as a Service for all usersChris Knipe6 Jun
      • RE: Problems starting MySQL as a Service for all usersCharles Quesenberry6 Jun