List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Thimble Smith Date:August 23 1999 8:21pm
Subject:Re: hierarchy of categories implementation
View as plain text
>> Has anyone ever done a hierarchical categorization using MySQL?

"Joe Celko's SQL for Smarties: Advanced SQL Programming", Morgan
Kaufmann, 1995, has two chapters on representing trees and graphs
in relational databases.  It's not superb information, and the
examples rely heavily on views and subselects, but you might find
it useful.  The main thing I got out of it (although I haven't had
the chance to use this, yet) is the idea of representing a graph
as nested sets instead of as trees.

Tim
Thread
hierarchy of categories implementationJames Manning23 Aug
  • Re: hierarchy of categories implementationBill Gerrard24 Aug
Re: hierarchy of categories implementationJames Manning23 Aug
  • Re: hierarchy of categories implementationMr. Christopher F. Miller23 Aug
RE: hierarchy of categories implementationadhir23 Aug
  • Re: hierarchy of categories implementationThimble Smith23 Aug