List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chris Trown Date:March 29 1999 1:04am
Subject:MySQL and HPUX
View as plain text

     Ahhhh....  Success.

     Some of you may remember that I have been grappling with trying to get
HPUX, MySQL and Perl MySQL modules to co-oexist together.  With some help from
the egcs mailing list, I got it.

     I ended up having to rebuild the libmysqlclient.sl library by hand using
gcc instead of ld.

     The command line looked something like:

gcc -shared -fPIC -o .libs/libmysqlclient.sl.6.0 Lotsa binaries here

     With egcs and older versions of gcc, necessary routines from libgcc.a are
copied to the final library when using gcc instead of ld.  From Jeffrey A Law
(law@stripped):

> When you build a shared library routines like __udivdi3 from libgcc.a should
> have been copied into the library.

     Monty, was ld always used?  I seem to remember not having this trouble
with older 3.22.XX versions.

     Is there some way we can get this incorporated into the distro?  Not that
it's a big deal, now that I know the solution.

Chris...

--
What's the point?

An NT server can be run by an idiot, and usually is.
PGP fingerprint: 063FCE320681C336  78C164FC9B2F91EA
Thread
MySQL and HPUXChris Trown29 Mar
  • MySQL and HPUXMichael Widenius29 Mar
    • Re: MySQL and HPUXChris Trown29 Mar