List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Thimble Smith Date:August 23 1999 6:06pm
Subject:Re: do you guys like MySQL? Why am I having so much trouble?
View as plain text
At 11:41, 19990823, Tasos Kotsikonas wrote:
>We personally hate mysql for not being able to do complex queries, and
>primarily for the apparent corruption of table (how else would you explain
>that isamchk -r -f also dumps core?)
>
>Any comments?

MySQL can do complex queries.  Perhaps there is a bug that is triggered
by your specific query (or queries).  If you can reproduce this, why
don't you send a complete test case to the developers?  They do not want
MySQL to crash any more than you do, and are very willing to fix bugs.

Core dumps aren't always the software.  It could be bad RAM (although if
it's dumping on both your intel and Sun boxes, it's probably not hardware).

Anyway, please give more information.  Build a debugging version of MySQL
and do a back trace so we'll know where it's crashing.  Give us some data
and the exact query or queries that make MySQL crash.  Follow the guide-
lines in the manual on how to help the developers fix problems (submit a
full bug report, etc.).

Tim
Thread
do you guys like MySQL? Why am I having so much trouble?Tasos Kotsikonas23 Aug
  • mySql java driversAnthony Sayn23 Aug
  • Re: mySql java driversTasos Kotsikonas23 Aug
  • Re: do you guys like MySQL? Why am I having so much trouble?Thimble Smith23 Aug
  • Re: do you guys like MySQL? Why am I having so much trouble?Tasos Kotsikonas23 Aug
    • Re: do you guys like MySQL? Why am I having so much trouble?Benjamin Pflugmann23 Aug
    • Re: do you guys like MySQL? Why am I having so much trouble?Michael Widenius28 Aug
      • Re: do you guys like MySQL? Why am I having so much trouble?Ed Carp28 Aug
        • Re: do you guys like MySQL? Why am I having so much trouble?Van28 Aug
          • Re: do you guys like MySQL? Why am I having so much trouble?Ed Carp28 Aug
            • [OFF] RE: do you guys like MySQL? Why am I having so much trouble?Pete Lancashire28 Aug
  • Re: do you guys like MySQL? Why am I having so much trouble?ed23 Aug
    • Re: do you guys like MySQL? Why am I having so much trouble?sasha24 Aug
  • do you guys like MySQL? Why am I having so much trouble?Michael Widenius23 Aug
  • Re: do you guys like MySQL? Why am I having so much trouble?Tasos Kotsikonas23 Aug
    • Re: do you guys like MySQL? Why am I having so much trouble?Michael Widenius28 Aug
  • do you guys like MySQL? Why am I having so much trouble?sinisa24 Aug
  • Re: do you guys like MySQL? Why am I having so much trouble?Tasos Kotsikonas24 Aug
RE: do you guys like MySQL? Why am I having so much trouble?William D. Webber30 Aug