List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Thimble Smith Date:August 23 1999 5:19pm
Subject:Re: Smybolic Links as data
View as plain text
At 11:12, 19990823, Robert Canary wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I have not read anything about this , but ...............
>
>I need to a field in a table to actually reference  the content in
>another field in another db.   Is this possible?

Make sure you're not mixing up the terms "db" and "table", which is
a common mistake.  Do you really need to point to another DB, or are
you just pointing to a row in another table?  The former is not very
common (but is supported by MySQL as others have said).  The latter
is very, very common, and is called a "join".

If you have more questions, it'd be great if you could send us a more
concrete example of what you want.

Tim
Thread
Smybolic Links as dataRobert Canary23 Aug
  • Re: Smybolic Links as dataJim Faucette23 Aug
  • Re: Smybolic Links as dataThimble Smith23 Aug
  • Re: Smybolic Links as dataRobert Canary23 Aug
    • Re: Smybolic Links as dataThimble Smith23 Aug
  • Enumerating rows and cumulating valuesDino25 Aug
    • Enumerating rows and cumulating valuessinisa25 Aug
    • Re: Enumerating rows and cumulating valuesMartin Ramsch13 Sep
      • Re: Enumerating rows and cumulating valuesManuel Coral A.16 Sep
        • Re: Enumerating rows and cumulating valuesJames Manning16 Sep
          • Re: Enumerating rows and cumulating valuesMartin Ramsch16 Sep
        • Re: Enumerating rows and cumulating valuesMartin Ramsch16 Sep