List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Basil Murphy Date:March 29 1999 12:34am
Subject:Adding user accounts & databases
View as plain text
Hi everyone,

I just cannot figure out how to do a seemingly simple task.  I need to
setup mysql with 81 user accounts (  each account gets one database to
work with ).

I know how to create the databases ( mysqladmin create <db name> )
but how do I add users with permissions only on a given database?

eg:

Name,	Database
Jane Doe,	janes_db
John Doe,	johns_db
etc...

I am _really_ hoping there is a command line to this so I can write a
script to handle it for me ( just give it the list of usernames ).

Any help is greatly appriciated,
Basil
Thread
mysql_refresh() ???Barry28 Mar
  • mysql_refresh() ???Michael Widenius28 Mar
    • Re: mysql_refresh() ??? - ThanksBarry29 Mar
  • Adding user accounts & databasesBasil Murphy29 Mar
  • Re: Adding user accounts & databasesChristian Mack29 Mar