List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chris Knipe Date:June 3 2002 4:49am
Subject:MySQL + cygwin
View as plain text
Anyone have any ideas on how to get MySQL to work under cygwin?

I'm especially interested in getting a libmysqlclient which is compatible
with cygwin so that I can use it to compile various other program which
require the library...

Currently, I run mysql 3.23.49-max for Win32 (NT 4.0) because I do most of
my development thereon, but lately, I've been starting to integrate various
DB and PHP related functions into my unix like system (which is currently
non existent).

Because of this, the closest I can find to running both a linux equivalent
and a Win32 platform, is cygwin.... But alas... No mysql for cygwin, only
for Win32?

And I can't use the Win32 includes or libraries to compile other related
software via cygwin, it complains about a incompatible host type...

<snips lots of ./configure stuff>
configure: warning: /cygdrive/d/mysql/lib/opt: invalid host type
configure: warning: /cygdrive/d/mysql/include: invalid host type
configure: error: can only configure for one host and one target at a time
</snip>

Any idea's or help will be appreciated...

--
me
<query>

Thread
MySQL + cygwinChris Knipe3 Jun
  • Re: MySQL + cygwinYegor N. Bryukhov3 Jun
    • RE: MySQL + cygwinTerry3 Jun
  • Re: MySQL + cygwinViliam Batka3 Jun
  • Re: MySQL + cygwinChris Knipe3 Jun