List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:mysql Date:May 31 2002 7:37pm
Subject:my.cnf necessity
View as plain text
I currently am a MySQL dba and am having issues from a security/linux
administrator that doesn't want me to have access to the /etc/my.cnf.
What can't I do with local database .cnf files that I can only do with
my.cnf?

Any ideas?  I have looked at the documentation and it doesn't really say
what is only available through the global cnf file.  I know that I will
have to do everything at a database level for each file and that could
get to be a slight management headache, but other than that, do I REALLY
NEED access to change my.cnf for global options?

Steve Spigarelli
DBA
Thread
my.cnf necessitymysql31 May